Keeping you covered
COVID-19 temporary policies continue for now
During COVID-19, Wisconsin worked with the federal government to put temporary policies in place for BadgerCare Plus and Medicaid programs to protect our members’ health and safety. One of those changes has allowed you to keep your coverage without renewing. Those temporary policies are still in effect, we’ll let you know when that changes.
This affects members in the following BadgerCare Plus and Medicaid programs:
- BadgerCare Plus
- Emergency Services Medicaid
- Family Planning Only Services
- Foster Care Medicaid
- Institutional Medicaid
- Katie Beckett Medicaid
- Medicaid Purchase Plan
- Supplemental Security Income Medicaid
- Supplemental Security Income-Related Medicaid
- Tuberculosis-Related Medicaid
- Waiver Medicaid
- Wisconsin Well Woman Medicaid
What you need to know
Your coverage through BadgerCare Plus and Medicaid is continuing, keep using it! The temporary policies that have allowed you to keep your coverage without renewing since March 2020 are still in use today. We will let you know when it’s time to take action to keep your healthcare benefits.
What you need to do now
- Update your address, phone, and email in our records so we can reach you with important updates about your coverage. Log in at the ACCESS website, the MyACCESS app, or call:
- Your agency—BadgerCare Plus, Emergency Services Medicaid, Family Planning Only Services, Institutional Medicaid, Medicaid Purchase Plan, Supplemental Security Income-Related Medicaid, Tuberculosis-Related Medicaid, Waiver Medicaid
- ForwardHealth Member Services at 800-362-3002—Foster Care Medicaid
- Katie Beckett Medicaid at 888-786-3246
- SeniorCare Customer Service Hotline at 800-657-2038
- State SSI Unit at 800-362-3002
- Wisconsin Well Woman Medicaid at 608-266-1720
- Download the MyACCESS app and turn on push notifications. Downloading MyACCESS allows you to keep track of your benefits anytime and anywhere. Turning on push notifications will make it easier for you to know when you need to submit documents, renew your benefits, etc.
- Watch for email and texts from us. We’ll be sending you texts and emails about renewing your BadgerCare Plus benefits when the temporary policies end. Be sure that we have your most current phone number from a device that has messaging capabilities so that we can reach you.